To encourage a pedagogy that considers students in the role of active learners:
- We will incorporate into our professional development and growth plan means to encourage teachers to set goals that not only transform and invigorate their teaching, but also reflect the School’s core values and this strategic vision.
- We will support in-school, regional, national and international professional development opportunities in which teachers connect with thought leaders and collaborate with colleagues who share their educational interests.
- We will identify and question obstacles that silo student learning and strive to demonstrate for students a world where
knowledge is integrated.
- We will create innovation grants that support teachers in creating programs and courses that challenge students to question, research, evaluate, and understand complex issues as they make meaning of their world.
To expand classroom’s horizons, personalize learning, and connect learners around the world:
- We will train & equip teachers to harness the increasingly powerful technologies that are redefining the way we learn and work.
To better understand student development and the varied modalities of learning that support students as makers of meaning:
- We will enhance our teachers’, advisors’ and coaches’ understanding of social and emotional competencies, the mind-body connection, brain development and the spiritual enrichment possibilities of global connectedness.