To prepare students as creators, coders and innovators:
- We will develop a curriculum with a K-12 scope and sequence designed to build students’ engineering habits of mind while identifying and tackling real-world challenges.
- We will incorporate service learning into the engineering curriculum so that students have the opportunity to drive social change with engineering projects.
- We will provide faculty with professional development opportunities to integrate engineering practices into current curriculum and design new curricular initiatives.
To provide the means by which students can investigate, collaborate and design:
- We will build and outfit —with the appropriate tools and technology—a dedicated makerspace for our students and faculty.
- We will provide time for students to access the makerspace outside of the traditional classroom schedule for independent work that allows them to take control of their own learning.
- We will explore ways to utilize the makerspace in extended programs, such as Friends After Three and Summer Friends.